Terms and Conditions
Terms of Trading
Orders are accepted on the basis of these terms and conditions, in the event of any dispute English Law will apply.
All cheques must be drawn on a UK bank and credit cards will be debited in Pounds Sterling. Cheques are banked on receipt, while credit cards are charged once the goods have been despatched to you. All prices quoted on the site are inclusive of UK VAT at 20%.
Despatch with Free Delivery Insurance
The majority of orders will arrive within 5 days, but please allow up to 14 days. We deliver to the UK only. Supplementary Delivery charge of up to £12.99 per item for heavy or oversized Items that are marked as shown. Heavy furniture is delivered and positioned in your home, and can be returned free at point of delivery. This does not affect your statutory rights. Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change at any time prior to acceptance of your order. If you are not completely satisfied with your order, please return the item(s) unused and in their original packaging for a full refund (excluding postage). We will refund any money due as soon as we have received and processed the returned product. This does not affect your statutory rights. If in the event goods are faulty, please contact our Customer Service Team on our local rate number (local rate) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We aim to deal with any faulty goods quickly and offer a full refund or exchange within 7 days of receipt. We will refund any money due as soon as we have received and processed the returned product. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Hygiene & personalized products
We apologise, but due to the personal nature of some of our products we are unable to offer a refund unless the item is faulty, this does not affect your statutory rights. All information is controlled under the terms of the Data Protection Act. Orders can only be accepted from persons 18 years or over.
Your online credit card transactions are secure. We use Secure Socket Layering (SSL), the industry-standard encryption technology that ensures safe Internet transmission of your personal information. When the letters "http" in the URL change to "https," the "s" indicates you are in a secure area employing SSL; also, your browser may give you a pop-up message that you're about to enter a secure area. Making a credit card purchase is just as safe on our website as it is by telephone, but if you prefer, you can purchase online products by calling our order line on 0203 455 7833, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. One of our friendly Customer Service Team will be pleased to take your order.
All services and goods are supplied by Direct Response Marketing Group Ltd. Your debit or credit card will be charged under the name of Sound & Vision Direct and any issues or queries relating to such charges should be directed to Direct Response Marketing Ltd which remains the responsible party for any issues or disputes. You can contact us by email email@example.com , you can also call us on 0203 455 0497. Alternatively you can contact us by post at Direct Response Marketing Group Ltd, DRMG House, Cremers Road, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 3US.
Conditions of use, notices and disclaimer
When you use this website, you are automatically agreeing that both your access to the site and your use of it are:
- Subject to the terms and conditions in this legal notice, which may change at any time without notice.
- Subject to all applicable laws.
- Undertaken at your own risk.
- Please refer to this page frequently to review our current terms and conditions of use.
The following elements of this website are the property of Sound & Vision Direct or our suppliers and are protected by UK and international copyright laws: All text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, and data compilations -- both individually and as they are compiled on the site.
The trademarks or trade dress of this website and our affiliates may not be used without our written permission. Trademarks or trade dress include the website name and logo, and other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names of the website products, services, and programs, and those of our affiliates. All other trademarks that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us or our affiliates.
Use of the Site
You have permission to electronically copy and print hard copies of pages from this website solely for personal, non-commercial purposes related to placing an order or shopping with this website. Unless we give you written permission in advance, any other use of this website, its content and its information, including linking or framing to this website, is strictly prohibited.
Errors and Inaccuracies
Our goal is to provide complete, accurate, up-to-date information on our website. Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that any website is completely free of human or technological errors. This site may contain typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, or omissions, some of which may relate to pricing and availability, and some information may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions -- including after an order has been submitted -- and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Disclaimer of Liability
We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to this website, its content, or the information available on or through it; they are provided "as is" with all faults. Except as otherwise provided under applicable laws, we and our corporate affiliates, and the directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors and assigns of each, will not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to the use of this website or any other website linked to it. This limitation of liability applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for lost profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information, even if we are notified in advance of the potential for any such damages.
Except for information necessary to place an order, we do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information or trade secrets through this website. Any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be deemed non-confidential, and by submitting it, you are granting us an irrevocable and unrestricted license to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute it for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you. However, we will not use your name unless we are required by law to identify the source of the materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments, or unless we first obtain your permission.
Privacy & Data Security
Information we collect about you and the use of your Personal Data
Direct Response Marketing Group Ltd (DRMG) is a company registered in the UK under company number 06333962 and consists of the following trading styles:
- Home Shopping Selections
- Personal Choice
- Your Personal Choice
- Premier Offers Direct
- Jean Patrique™
- Sound and Vision
- Sound and Vision Adult
- Historic Motor Museum Mint
- Shop at Home UK
To contact us by post please write to: DRMG, DRMG House, Sittingbourne, ME10 3US
Our ICO registration number is Z3435076
However, please understand that if you do object, then this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks outlined below that are designed for your benefit.
We process and retain your personal information for certain legitimate Interests, which include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers
- To identify and prevent fraud by verifying your identity
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with our websites, email and catalogue communications
- To provide postal, telephone and email communications which we think will be of interest to you
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
The information we gather on our site falls into two categories: (1) personal information you supply when you become a customer, order, complete a survey, post in a discussion forum, post news articles, or provide your email address, and (2) tracking information collected as you navigate through our site.
- Personally identifiable information. To use certain features on our site, we ask you to become a registered user. When you do this, we collect personally identifiable information about you such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, date of birth, user name and password. We may also ask you for personal information when you place an order for our products or when we ask for your help to complete a survey. We use this information to process your order, your request or to help improve our site. When personally identifiable information is collected, you will know because you will have to fill out a form on our site and this is clearly stated.
- Aggregate information. When you use our site, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the site. None of this information identifies you personally; we collect it for aggregate reporting on site activity to help us mange the performance of the site for a better shopping experience.
How do we use your Personal Data
We may contact you with our latest offers and/or promotions that we think might interest you, as part of our market research, either by mail, telephone or e-mail.
Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer, so that you will be notified of our latest deals, offers and promotions. We use the information we collect about you to tailor the content you receive and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible.
In addition, the personal information you provide may be used for the purposes of identity verification, credit and risk management, revenue collection, database verification and enhancement.
We offer members club services such Premier Rewards Club Limited (and those authorised by it), to market to you its products, services, special offers and promotions including but not limited to the Book Club, Gardening Club, the Motor Club, Perx, Puzzle Book, Premier Rewards Club, Lotto Syndicate Services and Supercard, products and services and to enable it to fulfil your orders for any such products or services and to process payments and deal with after sales enquiries for such products and services
We may also share your data with carefully selected partners and marketing service providers, which may use such personal data for targeted advertising, measurement, suppression management and identity resolution purposes, including for measurement and analytics on campaign performance, personalization, modelling, onboarding, and linkage. These organisations will have a relationship with you or may use your data where they have a lawful reason, which may include these organisation's own legitimate interest. Use of your data may also include tracing of individuals, verification and/or validation of the identity of individuals for the purposes of, but not limited to, anti-money laundering regulations, national security, crime prevention and detection, enforcement, anti-fraud processes, asset recovery and asset reunification.
Such third-party partners include:
- Lego - https://www.lego.com/en-gb/legal/notices-and-policies/privacy-policy
- Mdeg Limited - https://www.mdeg.co.uk/privacy-policy.html
- Mercedes Benz Cars UK Ltd – Company Number: 2448457 and Registered Address: Tongwell, Milton Keynes, England, MK15 8BA - https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/content-pool/tool-pages/footer-legal-links/privacy-policy.html
- Mercedes-Benz Vans UK Limited – Company Number: 10304278 and Registered Address: Tongwell, Milton Keynes, England, MK15 8BA - https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/content-pool/tool-pages/footer-legal-links/privacy-policy.html
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks UK Limited – Company Number: 10304244 and Registered Address: Tongwell, Milton Keynes, England, MK15 8BA - https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/content-pool/tool-pages/footer-legal-links/privacy-policy.html
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited – Company Number: 2472364 and Registered Address: Tongwell, Milton Keynes, England, MK15 8BA - https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/content-pool/tool-pages/footer-legal-links/privacy-policy.html
- Daimler Insurance Services UK Limited – Company Number: 03510012 and Registered Address: Tongwell, Milton Keynes, England, MK15 8BA - https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/content-pool/tool-pages/footer-legal-links/privacy-policy.html
- Mercedes-Benz Retail Group UK Limited – Company Number: 419087 and Registered Address: Tongwell, Milton Keynes, England, MK15 8BA - https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/content-pool/tool-pages/footer-legal-links/privacy-policy.html
- Aplan Insurance - https://lloydjames.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/LJM-Privacy-Policy-090621.pdf
- TwentyCi Ltd - https://www.twentyci.co.uk/privacy-policy/
You have the right to object to your information being shared with our partners and if you wish to do so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Co-operatives are companies whose members contribute information about their consumers in exchange for information about other consumers that may be interested in their products. They are just as protective as we are regarding the security and privacy of your data and adhere to the latest standard and regulations to prevent the loss or unauthorised use.
We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers and charities. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, home interiors and travel categories.
Other trusted partners that we may share your data with where we think they offer a product or service that may be of interest to you, but are not limited to, one of the following categories:
- Food & Wine
- Arts & Culture
- Overseas Aid
- Public Service & Military
- Health & Wellbeing
- Outdoor activities
- Home interiors
- Funeral Plans
- Insurance, home, car, pet, personal
- Claims/Legal services (including Waterloo Solutions trading as Uclaim4Me)
- Personal and Life
- Other insurances
- Travel booking
Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please call us on 020 3455 7898, write to us at our address below or email us at email@example.com .
We may randomly monitor and record you calls to us because this helps us to ensure that we provide you with the highest level of services and maintain quality standards. We may also pass information about you to agents, services providers and/ or employees to carry out services using your data.
Marketing Service Providers
We will share your data with the Marketing Services Providers listed below, who will use it for a variety of direct marketing, testing, research & product development purposes. Marketing Services Providers carry out data profiling. They will combine your data with data they get from other sources (including public sources) and use it to create “predictive models”. Marketing Services Providers use these models to try to predict behaviour and preferences (e.g. how likely you are to buy a holiday online or take a particular type of holiday) or likely circumstances (e.g. whether you are eligible for a particular credit card).
Marketing Services Providers will also try to match and then link your data with data that they receive about you from other sources, to make sure that the data they hold about you is correct (e.g. to check whether you have recently moved address).
They share your data, including the profiled data they have created about you, primarily to:
- help organisations better understand the likely characteristics of their customers (and find others like them);
- improve the relevancy and appropriateness of an organisation’s marketing to its customers (e.g. offers, its products and services); and
- help them communicate with their customers more effectively offline and online. This may mean that you receive tailored advertising via direct mail or when you visit a website.
To understand more about the use of your data by Marketing Services Providers, and to find out how to exercise your data protection rights in relation to their use of your data (including how to opt-out), please click through to the websites of the companies below:
- Experian Ltd – https://www.experian.co.uk/privacy/consumer-information-portal/
- Fusion BPO Services (Company Number 07484788) – https://www.fusionbposervices.com/privacy-policy-united-kingdom.php
- MDEG Ltd – https://www.mdeg.co.uk/how-we-process-data.html
- Read Group – https://www.mydatachoices.co.uk/Privacy
- Austinshire Partners – https://privacy.austinshirepartners.com/en/
- LiveRamp – https://liveramp.uk/privacy/web-privacy-policy/
- LocaliQ - https://www.newsquest.co.uk/assets/pdf/marketing-services-cookie-policy.pdf
- The Data Partnership Group Ltd T/A TDP Agency (Co Reg 00612316) - ICO ZA537625; https://tdpagency.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- DataLabs Group– https://datalabsgroup.com/privacy
- Potential D Ltd – https://www.potentiald.co.uk/
- Lloyd James Media - https://lloydjames.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/LJM-Privacy-Policy-v1.1-241022.pdf
- Solved Digital - https://solved.digital/privacy
In sharing your data with Marketing Services Providers, we rely on a lawful ground called ‘legitimate interest’, as our business depends on our ability to partner with third parties who process personal data for marketing-related reasons.
Security of your Personal Data
Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates that ensure your data is encrypted when transmitted over the Internet. We have upgraded our site to ensure that all pages are secure in line with the latest best practise. When you are in the secure section of the site, a padlock symbol appears in your browser. In most web browsers this appears to the right or left of the address bar at the top depending upon the web browser you are using.
'Verified by Visa' and 'MasterCard SecureCode' are additional security measures for customers using payment cards from Visa and MasterCard.We also provide the option for you to pay securely using Paypal. This allows you to confirm your identity before purchase as a protection from unauthorised use of your credit or debit card when shopping online. For more details, please visit Visa, MasterCard or Paypal online or contact your card issuer.
We strongly recommend to keep your password safe and not to divulge your password anyone else under any circumstances. Please remember to log out of your session at the end and to close down the session. This is especially important if you are using a shared computer in a internet café or library.
We use a SSL certification on our website to ensure that data is transferred securely.
Our payment page is hosted by a leading payment provider checkout.com and we do not hold your card details on our servers. For more detail, please visit their website at https://www.checkout.com/
We will only transfer your information to a third-party service provider or overseas, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. These measures may include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses, or your consent. You may request further information on the legal security measures used for such transfers via the contact details given in this Privacy Notice.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the following rights
The right to be informed, the right of access, the right to rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability, the right to object and rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You have the right to access any data we hold about you, and we will deal with any subject access request within 30 days.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Protection Officer, marking your request “subject access request”. Please let us know your name and postal or email address to enable us to locate your data.
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data. Please contact us at or write to the DRMG Data Compliance Officer, DRMG House, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 3US if you want us to erase, stop or amend any part of our processing and, as far as possible considering our legal obligations, we will do so.
You have the right of portability over your data (which means that you can ask us to pass the information we hold on you to a third party in machine readable format). Let us know if you want us to do this by contacting us by your preferred method of communication.
Should you have any complaints, you can contact us and we’ll do our very best to resolve the issue. If you feel your complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily, the supervisory authority for data protection in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) which you can contact on 0303 123 1113 or via their website at ico.org.uk.
Opting out from Email, Trusted partners and Catalogues
If you wish to opt out from receiving email, telephone and postal communications from us or if you do not want us to share your Personal Data with any of our trusted partners then please use one of the methods listed below.
However, please understand that if you do object, then this may affect our ability to offer you the best possible experience when you shop with us. You can update your preferences via one of the following:
- Send an email titled 'opt out' to email@example.com and let us know which service you'd like to unsubscribe from - choose from catalogue, email and/or trusted partner sharing.
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link in every email we send – only applies for our DRMG emails
- Ticking the relevant box located at the bottom of the order form you've received from us and then send the order form back to us
- Call our compliance line 020 3455 7899
- Write a letter detailing your request and which activity you wish to opt out from to:
DRMG Data Protection Officer,
Should you wish to correct any information or preference we currently have for you then you can use any of the relevant procedures as listed above to update us with your wishes at any time.
For your easy accessibility our websites may include links to sites on the Internet that are owned or operated by our trusted partners. Upon following a link to such trusted partner site, you shall review and agree to that site's rules of use before using such site as we have no control over the content of that site and cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices or content of such trusted partner sites.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To store the content of your online shopping basket whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To compile anonymous aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and help us improve the structure of our website.
We also allow selected third parties to place cookies when you visit our site. Third party cookies may be left by selected companies who participate with us in marketing programmes. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site and to also personalise advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance at http://youronlinechoices.eu/
Below are links to the companies that we currently allow trusted partner cookies on our website:
- Google Analytics (for analysing visitor and transactional behaviour): https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/#toc-analytics
- Live support (live web chat services): https://www.zopim.com/
- Dotmailer (email and presentation) https://www.dotmailer.com
Behavioural and targeted advertising using cookies
The information that we collect and use for behavioural advertising is not personal information and it cannot be used to identify you. It will not contain your name, home address, phone number or any other piece of personally identifiable information.
We want to make sure that we only contact you with content that you will find relevant and interesting. We do this by using online behavioural advertising (or interest based advertising). In order for it to work we collect information about your browsing activity using cookies. These cookies pass back to us your browsing information which then allows us to determine what content is most useful and relevant to be shown to you.
We anonymise your email addresses to keep your data more secure. The email addresses are scrambled before being utilised to ensure nobody else can gain access to your email address. This enables us to offer our customers the best possible online user experience and equally allows us to improve the relevancy of our advertising. This allows us to provide you with more of the content you want to see based on your browsing behaviour and you should not be worried about this as it is a very safe and transparent process.
We do share information with a number of trusted partners such as Google & Facebook to enable us to deliver targeted advertising to you.
If you would prefer not to receive this type of advertising, then we've made it easy for you to opt out, but it is important to understand that this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using the internet. It just means that the advertising you see displayed on websites will not be tailored to you and your interests and therefore may be less relevant to you.
There are some great websites that are impartial and can offer you more information and help you to make informed choices. To opt-out of all behavioural advertising, please follow these 5 tips: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/five-top-tips
To opt-out of a particular provider of behavioural [and contextual] advertising - Click on this link: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices You can also manage your privacy within the web browser that you are using. Many web browsers also have a 'private browsing' mode as well.
If you should have any further questions or queries relating to the use or storage of your Personal data, then please write to:
Data Protection Officer
Registered in England Number 06333962.
If you wish for a reply, please remember to include your full name, address and customer account number if known.